Call for Papers
Full/Short Paper Submission:
February 2 February 23, 2018
Authors are invited to submit research and application papers addressing all areas of 3D Object Retrieval. Papers submitted to 3DOR 2018 must be original, unpublished work. Submissions are invited in the form of full papers (up to 8 pages) and short papers (up to 4 pages) presented in a poster session.
All accepted papers will be published in the EG Digital Library and indexed by SCOPUS. (Pending for confirmation:) Extended versions of the full papers will be submitted for a special issue of Computers and Graphics published by Elsevier, based on the reviewers’ comments and on the feedback from the 3DOR workshop. The deadline for this special issue will be 6 weeks after the workshop and reviewer continuity will be aimed for.
The submission should be formatted according to the Eurographics guidelines. Full-length papers should not exceed 8 pages, including figures and references. Short papers should not exceed 4 pages. Submissions should be done through the SRM website.
The 3DOR 2017 conference will use a double-blind review process. Consequently, all submissions must be anonymous.
Topics of interest
- 3D shape analysis
- 3D shape similarity and matching
- 3D video retrieval
- 3D mobile media retrieval
- 3D object retrieval and Web3D
- 3D search in large scale data
- Personalized 3D search
- 3D object classification, indexing, and mining
- Similarity of non-rigid shapes
- Shape correspondence
- Feature extraction, decomposition, and segmentation
- Multi-scale representations for matching and retrieval
- Partial, part-in-whole, and many-to-many matching
- Matching under uncertainty and noise
- Semantics-driven 3D object retrieval and classification
- Sketch-based retrieval
- Query interfaces and search modalities
- Benchmarking issues
- Deep learning for 3D shape retrieval
- Generative/discriminative approaches in 3D object categorization
- Applications in multimedia, CAD, architecture, games, biometrics, e-science, e-learning, medicine, biology, and cultural heritage.
This year’s workshop will also feature the 13th Shape Retrieval Evaluation Contest (SHREC’2018).
- Full/Short Paper Submission:
February 2February 16, 2018
- Acceptance Notification:
March 2March 14, 2018
- Camera Ready:
March 9March 21, 2018
- Workshop dates: April 16, 2018